The Museums and Climate Change Network is a site for anyone interested in the intersection between museums and climate change. The site was started as a response to the challenge of engaging museum audiences in the issue of climate change. Museums are valuable sites for enabling audiences to slow down, reflect and rethink – all important for reaching the goal of changing hearts and minds. As more museums create exhibitions and resources on climate change, with varying degrees of success, it is important to share ideas and experiences.
This site provides information about:
- Exhibitions on climate change and the anthropocene
- Films, books, art projects of relevance
- Events such as conferences and workshops
- Resources for curators and exhibition designers (such as maps, statistics, interactive tools)
- Regional impacts of climate change and how people are responding
- Connect to other people engaged in bringing climate change to a broad audience
To join the Museums and Climate Change Network or to add a project, exhibition, blog, website, publication, or resource to our listings, please contact Jenny Newell, or fill the form at the bottom of the relevant page.
Jenny Newell, firstname.lastname@example.org